Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Corinth

We've just gotten back from a quick trip to Corinth, Mississippi where we attended the Gober Family reunion. This is my father-in-law's Mother's family. They are such a sweet bunch of people. My absolute favorites to see are Uncle Mark and Aunt Mona. I love 'em to death! I'll have to put some pics on here when I get them off the camera. We had a couple of big storms come through, but no tornados - not even a warning. The power went out Saturday morning at the hotel and we almost had to rethink our afternoon/evening activities, but the power came back on a couple of hours later and all went on as planned. We left down there around 11am on Sunday and had a nice leisurely drive home, taking the usual 2 days to get home. Here are a couple of pics of the town that I got off the internet.
This is the Corinth Train Station. Notice the tracks that are crossing? This is known as the crossroads of the South for the railroads.

This is a really cool castle-looking house known as the "cat house". The lady who lived there left everything to her cats when she died.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like a fun trip!