Sunday, August 24, 2008

Well, It's No Wonder

Something else got me thinking last night. My daughter's boyfriend wonders why we don't want them lounging all over each other when they are together......it's what other teens do who are dating, he basically says. (I wasn't even allowed to have a boyfriend when I was 14 and when I got one when I was 16 my parents still weren't thrilled one bit with the idea.)

Well, I saw some pics from a recent youth retreat that my daughter could have gone on, but was invited to go somewhere else first. There are teen couples in some of those pics being snuggly with each other. No wonder Ash's boyfriend thinks its ok to do. One pic has one couple sleeping - the girl snuggled up on the guys chest.

Ash and her guy used to get a little too close while watching TV on the couch, but we've put a stop to that. They are barely allowed to hold hands now. But now I see why he would think it is all right to act that way.